Dance Educator / Dance Artist-in-Residence at Qiajuk Studios
Spring season 2020
Qiajuk Studios is searching for a dance educator / dance artist-in-residence to teach urban styles, and to facilitate different community outreach performance events for our students. All whilst we can offer studio space for your own research and creation, accommodation, an artist stipend, and the opportunity to showcase your work to a local audience.
Where: Nuuk, Greenland
When: February 13 – May 23, 2020
Deadline for applications: December 1, 2019
Qiajuk Studios is Greenland’s only dance studio located in the capital Nuuk. We are a young, developing dance community with 4 teachers offering 26 classes every week to over 200 students each season. We offer classes in ballet, contemporary, jazz, urban styles and vertical dance. We have a Performance group comprised of young dance artists creating dance experiences at different events.
Greenland is in many ways a country which is hard to get to – a small population and enormous distances makes it expensive to reach, and to find a place to stay in. This residence creates opportunity for dancers to come and stay in Greenland for longer periods of time, and give dancers chances to have dialogues and interaction with local artists, students and common citizens with interests in art and culture.
What we can offer
– a unique residence opportunity in a vibrant young dance community
– studio space for your own research and development
– travel expenses covered
– room accommodation in shared space
– artistic and academic mentoring
– possibility for collaboration with local artists
– opportunity to showcase your own works
– free enrollment in dance technique classes
What we expect
– professional dancer or dance student with a versatile training background
– responsibility for teaching urban styles classes to children and youth ages 6-25, beginner-intermediate level.
– ability to facilitate community outreach performance events for young dancers.
– presentation of own work.
– flexibility in working hours and willingness to substitute teach.
– Language proficiency in English and preferably Danish or Norwegian
To apply, please send e-mail to email@example.com including your CV, cover letter and showreel or video of practice.
Contact details: Maliina Jensen, Administrative Manager, Qiajuk Studios – firstname.lastname@example.org